Where have I been?
I have been quiet for a little bit. My family and I were able to take a vacation and I was able to take a little bit of a break before we dive back into school in about a week. Taking breaks away from social media is a good experience for me. I find it to be restful as well as a time for me to reset.
During out weekend of vacation we spent some time at a condo at Hilton Head. That condo had no Internet and no TV aside from any DVDs we brought or rented while we were there. It was such a great experience for my family and I. We played games, we took walks, we enjoyed each other instead of keeping out faces in front of a screen the whole time. I didn’t even have much access to my phone since I had no signal for my phone out there either. It was a great experience all around.
So we are getting reading to dive into school in about a week here, and I have seen many back to school photos around as well. My older two girls are jumping into second grade this year, and my son is starting Kindergarten. I am looking forward to learning alongside them.
What is happening at the LaundryPile.com? I have ton of stuff that keeps bumping around in my head. Here are a few of the things I want to be doing over the next few weeks and months.
- I will be continuing the series Blogging through the Bible with Courtney Joseph over at Women Living Well. We will be moving through the book of Acts! I hope you will join us.
- I want to make sure I am updating you all about once a month on my weight-loss journey so that I am keeping accountable and moving forward. *I didn’t eat on plan while on vacation, but I am back to the routine this week.
- I want to share with you all what we are doing in our home school and things that we are finding useful and helpful.
- I have a bunch of books that I am working on for reviews and I will let you know what I think of each one and compile a bunch of my favorites that are out right now.
- Finally, I plan to start a new series. It will happen about once a week. This will be a 5 week series. This series will discuss how living with chronic illness impacts all areas of life. I will look at:
- How to survive a vacation and still have fun.
- How Fibromyalgia impacts homeschooling.
- How Fibromyalgia impacts marriage.
- Why Fibromyalgia is not my identity.
- Learning to gently help friends and family understand Fibromyalgia.
I am looking forward to Fall. I love the cooler weather. I find the heat to be hard to handle sometimes, but in our day and age everything has such wonderful air conditioning that it makes life so much easier to manage.