Working Towards Weight Loss
Last week I talked a bit about how the past few months have been going in the area of my weight loss and developing healthy habits. If you missed that post you can read about it at My Weight Loss Journey. This week I want to share with you a little bit about my plans as I move ahead.
I have once again resumed sending pictures of what I eat to my friend via Instagram. I recommend this method because it actually gives you a very clear record of what you have eaten over the course of a day. It also really helps by letting you know that the person who is receiving these pictures has viewed the pictures, and Instagram lets you know when the image has been viewed.
Being intentional to grow healthy habits can be a challenge especially when you are feeling discouraged. Here are a few tips I am using to help get myself motivated, and to keep plugging ahead with my weight loss goals.
9 Tips to keep you Motivated when you aren’t
- Set Goals – What are you trying to accomplish? What is your biggest goal? Can you break those big goals into smaller goals? Start off with smaller goals that are easily achievable.
- Set action steps – Once you have your goals think about what you need to do to achieve your goals. For example: One of my goals is to take my supplements each day. So I am setting reminders throughout the day to remind myself to actually take those supplements. My action step was to set reminders to actually do it.
- Evaluate your goals weekly and adjust as necessary. – If something isn’t working you need to change it. Take some time once a week and think about what worked and what didn’t. Do you want to add more goals?
- Find a friend to partner with. – Having someone keep you accountable is a huge benefit in developing healthy habits. For me personally when I have someone I know is keeping up with me I am more likely to actually do what I am planning on doing.
- Make time in your day to take action steps. – If you have action steps, but are not actually able to do them, it won’t work. Schedule the time to do them. If these goals are important then you need set aside time to do what needs to be done to acheive your goals.
- Divide action steps up into daily achievable steps. – Think baby steps. Start small and add little bits each week.
- Come up with an action plan for off schedule days/ vacation/ and other unexpected days. – I wish I had this during my friends vacation so that I would have stayed focused.
- Actually work your plan. – As my friend, Jennifer at The Intentional Mom says, “Just do It.”– On a recent Periscope my friend and fellow blogger reminded us that some days we need to just get up and do what needs to be done. You will be amazed at what you can do in a short amount of time. She is right. If we spend our time merely thinking about all that we are supposed to do, but never do any of it it doesn’t accomplish anything.
- Find People that Inspire you to do better and follow them on social media, read blogs, etc. — A few people that I really find encouragement from are: Clare Smith, The Intentional Mom.
So what are your goals for this next week? My goals are:
- Take my supplements daily.
- Apply oils daily.
- Drink 3-4 bottles of water a day.
- Stay Gluten Free.
- Avoid too much added sugar.
- Walk the dogs 2-3 days this week.
I would love to hear how your days are going. Please share with me what you have going on in your health journey.